1. Promotion comes when you abide in the place God has set you.
“The trees once went forth to anoint a king over them. And they said to the olive tree, ‘Reign over us!’ But the olive tree said to them, ‘Should I cease giving my oil,
With which they honor God and men, And go to sway over trees?’ “Then the trees said to the fig tree, ‘You come and reign over us!’ But the fig tree said to them,
‘Should I cease my sweetness and my good fruit, And go to sway over trees?’ “Then the trees said to the vine, ‘You come and reign over us!’ But the vine said to them, ‘Should I cease my new wine, Which cheers both God and men, And go to sway over trees?’ “Then all the trees said to the bramble, ‘You come and reign over us!’ And the bramble said to the trees, ‘If in truth you anoint me as king over you, Then come and take shelter in my shade; But if not, let fire come out of the bramble and devour the cedars of Lebanon!’
2. Promotion comes when you handle the dealings of God correctly, thus proving your attitudes under great testing.
3. Promotion comes when you can rejoice in another’s advancement and serve them. Even if they are less qualified than you.
But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
4. Promotion comes when humility has killed self-projection.
Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.” Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
1 Peter 5:5-6
5. Promotion comes when character is developed and proven stable.
“All the horns of the wicked I will also cut off, But the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.”
6. Promotion comes when faithfulness is shown toward all tasks, whether small or great, proving good stewardship.
Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego in the province of Babylon.